Click for newsClick here to find out all about usClick here to our car rangeClick here to find out about RTR motorsportClick here to see images of our carsClick here to go to our online shopClick here to contact usClick here for our International distributorsClick here to see our cars in action


HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO BUILD MY CAR? It will probably take longer to strip the donor than it will to build the new vehicle. It’s not a race though and its very rewarding seeing your work coming together in the knowledge that its going to last for many years longer than most cars. Allow a year in your spare time or about 4 weeks full time and that should do it.

DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL TOOLS? Not really, a good set of normal garage tools will suffice, no welding or fabrication is needed, just a bit of cutting but a long ¾ inch bar will come in handy if the donors fairly rusty.

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO INSURE? My current car costs under 200 pounds via Footman James who offer a specialist kit car policy. Mine is insured without a no claims discount, includes road side recovery and is covered from NG18 on a 3000 miles per year basis.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I NEED HELP WITH THE BUILD? We can always help whether you need advice over the phone or fax or email, or if you need a picture of a certain area. We can also help with the build or just part of it like say the wiring if you have problems but if you follow our guidance you should be fine.

CAN MY WORK BE CHECKED UPON COMPLETION? Yes of course, we can give it a full going over and remedy any small errors
We can also arrange to put it through the B.I.V.A test for you or with you. Our B.I.V.A service costs £599 +VAT and includes all form filling, taking your car to and from the test centre and 2 hours of labour to remedy any small faults the car may have.

Q PLATE, NEW PLATE OR AGE RELATED PLATE? Providing your donor is still registered then you will be given an age related plate as it will be classed as a “kit conversion” assuming the engine number matches the one on the V5. The donors V5 will be needed at the I.V.A stage to prove the engines age so that the emissions test will be limited to that of the old vehicle.

HOW WILL I REGISTER THE VEHICLE ONCE COMPLETED? First you need a B.I.V.A test, they give you a I.A.C and you present it with a V55/5 together with your tax money to your local D.V.L.A office. They may wish to inspect the vehicle and they will need to see I.D and insurance.

Go back